Is your community in the process of adopting new Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and Flood Damage Prevention Ordinances (FDPOs)? Do you and your officials have questions relating to the FDPO elements required for compliance with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), the state-specific standards that have been incorporated into the new FDPO model, or the permit, administration, enforcement, review, inspection and recordkeeping requirements for NFIP compliance?
If so, then FEMA Region II has just the workshop for you! We’re excited to announce our Floodplain Ordinance Adoption Workshop is coming to Wayne and Verona Townships on April 1st & 2nd, respectively. Please see the attached flyer for additional information and a link to register. Registration is required and space is limited. Priority will be given to floodplain administration officials.
Hope to see you there!
• How NFIP Regulations relate to Building Codes
• Ordinance components, Map Identification, Relation-ship to State Standards
• Community Rating System and Higher Standards
Duties of the Floodplain Administrator
• Roles and Responsibilities
• Permit process for all development in the Special Flood Hazard Area
• Existing resources, materials, and training
Ordinance Adoption Process
• Requirements for Adoption of Effective Maps
• Designating the Floodplain Administrator
• Using the NJ Model Ordinance